Welcome to the Jungle
St. Croix, USVI
$2950 includes CME, 7 nights lodging, meals
18 hours of AMA PRA Category 1TM medical education (pending final approval)
FAWM credit approved!
Adventures in Jungle Medicine
Immerse yourself in a Caribbean rainforest for a week! Learn how to provide medical support for a jungle expedition by experiencing the challenges of this unique environment first-hand. Build a primitive shelter suitable for stabilizing a patient. Learn basic survival skills. Find safe food and water sources to sustain yourself and your patient while awaiting evacuation. Use medicinal plants and other resources from the environment to augment your medical care. Practice primitive camp hygiene, sanitation and vector control.
Our hands-on approach will help you understand foundational tropical medicine concepts that will enable you to provide predeparture counselling and medical support for tropical travelers. Join Kinetic for this exciting adventure…into the heart of the jungle! By the end of this course, you’ll know how to advise adventure travelers before they go and how to treat tropical injuries and illnesses in survival situations.
This 7-day course is perfect for:
- Physicians or residents (all specialties welcome)
- Medical students
- Allied health professionals
- Those who work in/travel to austere environments looking for advanced first aid and survival skills
$2450 registration cost includes:
- 7 nights group lodging in either screened bungalows that sleep 3-5 people each, or tents (with plush air mattresses) that sleep 1-4 people each
- Bed linens
- Round-trip transfers from Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (STX), St. Croix, USVI
- Meals/snacks/water/coffee in camp
- Up to 18 hours of AMA PRA Category 1TM medical education and FAWM credit (pending final approval)
- Daily COVID-19 screening per CDC guidelines
Not included: Airfare, optional scuba dive (weather permitting), recreational activities on skills day, elective meals away from camp
- NO PASSPORT required for US citizens!
- We strongly recommend arriving by air via Miami (American Airlines), Atlanta (Delta Airlines), Charlotte (American Airlines), or Ft. Lauderdale (Spirit).
- St. Croix requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 5 days if traveling from US, and within 3 days if traveling from elsewhere. They also accept a positive antibody test within 4 months of travel. We are monitoring this evolving policy; check these links for current travel information: https://usviupdate.com, https://usvitravelportal.com
- Currency on St. Croix is the US Dollar; most merchants accept major credit cards.
This is primarily an immersive, outdoor educational event. Weather in St. Croix typically fluctuates between 70° – 85° F. Attendees should be able to hike on hilly, muddy, uneven jungle terrain for up to 10 kilometers while carrying a day pack in hot, humid and potentially wet weather conditions.
Cancellation policy: If the USVI closes its borders to travel, or closes the facilities we plan to use, you can choose to 1) use your payment to attend the rescheduled version of this course, or 2) receive a refund of your registration fee.
Faculty disclosures: All faculty members and planners participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by Kinetic Adventure Medical Education are expected to disclose to the participants any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. Full disclosure of faculty and planner relevant financial relationships will be made at the activity.
hours minutes seconds
your adventure begins